Holy hell. This morning sickness is a killer. It's been about 5 days since the morning sickness started and I haven't had a good night's sleep since. I constantly wake up and toss and turn all night long. I'm sure I look horrifying.
I did have my first doctor's appointment yesterday. They went over some family history, talked about genetic testing for certain abnormalities, and then I had some blood work done. The blood work officially confirmed the pregnancy so Baby Goetz isn't a fluke! They automatically test everyone for Cystic Fibrosis and because I am French-Canadian, they will also test for Tay-Sachs disease. They told me that since my husband is not French Canadian that there probably won't be a problem but they test for it anyway. There may be a chance that I could be a carrier of it but it's pretty low. I should find out the results of those first blood tests in a few weeks.
The lady who did my blood work was so sweet. And she was good too, only needed to get poked once. Very nice lady. Just glad I didn't have to go downstairs to the lab and get blood work done at the main hospital.
Chief Complaints: Nausea that lasts all day, feeling tired yet awake at the same time,
Food aversions: Cinnamon and apple anything
Weird smells: Everything smells weird but especially trees, trees smell like soap?
Cravings: None yet, been eating lots of ginger and peppermint
Baby is the size of a blueberry! Legs are slowly forming turning this little guy from a tadpole into a real baby. He or she will be soon kicking me, I'm sure!